Conferences, workshops, events
- 29th General Assembly of the International Council for Science (ICSU), Maputo, Mozambique, 21-24 October 2008
The General Assembly is hosted by the Scientific Research Association of Mozambique (AICIMO), under the auspices of the Government of Mozambique and in cooperation with the ICSU Regional Office for Africa. More information on the event is available on the ICSU web site.
- Second United Nations International UN-SPIDER Bonn Workshop: "Disaster Management and Space Technology - Bridging the Gap", Bonn, Germany, 13– 15 October 2008
More information is available here.
- International Disaster and Risk Conference (IDRC), Davos, Switzerland, 25 - 29 August
The conference takes an integrated, multidisciplinary approach when addressing the different kinds of risks affecting society today, risks which might be far beyond any particular stakeholder�s capacity to control and that may adversely affect multiple parties across geographic borders, sectors and industries. More information is available at the IDRC web site.
- GeoRisk Commission Business Meeting, 10 August 2008 Oslo, Norway
The Georisk Commission will hold its next business meeting in Oslo (Norway) on the 10th August 2008 from 09-12 (to be confirmed).
Agenda (to be completed):
1. Review of previous actions :
ICSU planning of new GeoHazard program
ICSU RAO GeoHazard team application
GeoRisk Commission initiative on Sichuan Earthquake at Tsukuba Conference
2. Individual interest repots/proposals (5-10 minutes per person)
3. Discussion on future GeoRisk Commission activities
4. Any other matters
- International Geological Congress, August 6-14, Oslo, Norway
The Hazards megasession will be a part of the Conference International Year of Planet Earth (IYPE) major geoscience programme.
(Hazards : minimising risk, maximising awareness; Tom Beer et al. as conveners; code PEH-01; 07-08 August 2008 Oslo)
The Hazards program is available here.